Official Contest Rules
Win a Trip to Washington, D.C.
1. How To Enter: To enter the contest, submit a form at www.beyond5.org/postcards. On this site, the contestant can request physical postcards or a personalized bit.ly link. Each postcard will be marked with a unique number assigned to the contestant so each entry can be counted and appropriately credited when they are returned. The electronic bit.ly link will have the ability to be shared via email and social media and will have embedded tracking to link it to the correct contestant. The total combined electronic and postcard-sourced names received in the World Vision office by Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 11:59pm will be used to determine the winner. Postmarks will not be accepted. Duplicate names submitted under the same contestant will only be counted once. The person who generates the most names will be awarded the grand prize.
2. Timing: The contest will be conducted November 9, 2013 through January 4, 2014. Deadline for entries is January 4, 2014 at 11:59pm. The winner will be contacted on or before Friday, January 11, 2014 and the winner will be publicly announced on or before January 15, 2014. In the event of a tie where two or more people gather the same winning amount of valid entries, the winner will be randomly selected from those with the same number of entries and those who are eligible.
3. Grand Prize: A trip to Washington DC for the H20:DC summit in March 2014, including airfare from within the United States, 2 night hotel stay and conference fees. Approximate retail value of grand prize is $1850.00.
4. Eligibility: You must be at least 18 years of age by January 4, 2014 to win. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The contest is open to everyone over the age of 18 with the exception of employees of World Vision, any immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a World Vision employee, an employee of a World Vision subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest. Contest is void outside the United States and anywhere prohibited by law.
5. Judging: The contestant with the most number of valid entries will be deemed the winner. In the event of a tie, all entrants with the same number of valid entries will be put into a pool from which the winner will be drawn at random. Valid entries will be determined by the Sponsor.
6. Responsibility of Winner: All taxes relative to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, assignments or transfers. No cash equivalents. If trip cannot be used for the dates specified, then trip will be forfeited.
7. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless World Vision, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the contest, if it is possible. If the contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
12. Entrant’s Personal Information: Information collected from entrants is subject to Sponsor’s privacy policies.